Weight loss isn’t easy for everyone but, if you have the right mindset, you can make a big difference in your physical appearance. There are quite a few ways through which weight loss results can be obtained. One of the most appropriate ways for weight loss is to practice yoga. Yoga is indeed an excellent weight loss technique, if you perform it correctly and regularly. You should be well versed with the different postures of yoga, and choose the ones that benefit you the most. There are certain yoga postures that enhance your metabolism, curb excessive fat, and tone your muscles.
Best Yoga Postures for Weight Loss
- Wind Releasing Pose: This is an excellent yoga pose that targets your stomach area. Lie flat on the floor, and your knees should be brought forward up to your chest with ankles facing one another. Clasp both arms together on your knees while your head should be lifted up off the floor. Breathe hard when you sense the pose working on your abs, and gradually relax.
- Cobra Pose: This particular pose is effective even for beginners as it works to tighten the buttocks and tone your abs. Lie down on a yoga mat with your face down on the floor and place your palms beneath your arms. Tilt your pelvis and draw your belly button close to your spine. Press palms against the floor by spreading your fingers. Push your upper body and straighten your arms and place your feet, legs, and hips close to the mat. Hold until 5 complete breaths and then release.
- Side Stretch Pose: This effective pose helps to eliminate your calories, and raises your heart rate. Stand on your feet and step your left foot backwards by two feet. Bring your arms behind your back with your elbows bent and position your palms in prayer posture reversely. Lift your hands upwards between shoulder blades as much as you can. Push your elbows behind to press both palms firmly. Try to inhale to stretch your spine and bend forward over your right leg stretched at front as you exhale. Your legs should be straight and your torso needs to be lowered as far as you can. Hold for five intense breaths and repeat with the left leg forward.
- Bow Pose: This is one of the advanced poses that burns fat and tones your legs, arms, and abdominal area. Lie flat on your stomach, with your arms spread towards your sides. Bring your ankles close to your buttocks by bending your knees. Go backwards with yours arms and grasp both ankles. Ensure that your weight rests on your abdomen and not pelvis. Your knees should be raised further by pulling the ankles with your hands. Hold your breath and relax.
- Warrior Pose: The warrior pose works on your arms, thighs, and abs. It is highly effective if you perform it in a sequence like that of a sun salutation. Stand straight on your feet and try to jump or step your right foot wide across the floor or mat. Your left foot at the back should be turned out by 90 degrees. Raise your arms towards the sides, and exhale as you bend your left knee. Make sure that your thighs are parallel to the floor and knee straight above the ankle. Hold this pose for a few seconds and straighten your legs.
Thus follow these simple yoga postures and see wonders happening to you, however consult your doctor before trying out these postures to avoid any injuries or health complications.
Author Bio: Marguerite being a fitness enthusiast loves to blog on fitness and topics related to fitness. You can check out her latest post on How To Lose Belly Fat on her website.