Guacamole Dip Recipe
The secret to making delicious guacamole dip is not in finding the best recipes out of all guacamole dip recipes out there. We have different tastes after all, so what tastes good for some may not be true for someone else. The best thing to do is to learn how to create your own guacamole dip recipe that’s perfect just for you!
Before I forget, learning how to make guacamole is very, very easy. You only need a few minutes to make this and trust me when I say that homemade guacamole is better than those you buy on the market.
How do we start making it?
Step 1: Get the Right Ingredients
The best guacamole recipes begin with fantastic ingredients. Plus, you are given lots of choices depending on the kind of guacamole you want.
• For guacamole dips the ONLY ingredient that you must really have is avocadoes. It is an avocado dip in the first place. Choose only ripe and nice looking avocadoes. They should be dark in color, and when you press them they should give in a bit. If it’s too hard, it’ll be bitter, if it’s too soft, it won’t have a nice, fresh taste.
• To add more extra flavor and texture to your guacamole dip, you can try adding lots of different vegetables and aromatic on it. Garlic, Tomatoes, Onion, hot peppers or bell peppers are perfect additions for your guacamole.
• Adding herbs and seasoning would greatly improve the flavor of your dip. Try adding lemon or lime juice for that added “kick”. It also keeps the guacamole from changing into a brown color. Try chili powder, cumin or cayenne pepper, cilantro and salt!
• If you’re one of those people who love creamy food, then try adding yogurt, olive oil or sour cream on your guacamole.
The secret is just experimenting with different combinations and see what best fits your taste. If you like lime juice over lemon juice, and stay with that. If you don’t like cilantro, don’t put any! Add spices one at a time until it tastes just right.
Step 2: Making the Guacamole Dip
As soon as you have all the ingredients you need, making your very own guacamole recipe will be easy. This is what you should do:
• First, you cut the avocado in half and gently twist the halves apart. Take the pit away. Using a spoon, scoop out the avocado’s flesh or you could peel off the skin.
• Mash the avocados in a bowl. You can do this using a fork, or if you opt for a chunkier texture, use a potato masher. If you want it to be smoother, then use a food processor.
• Add sour cream, olive oil and any kind of yogurt if you want.
• If you’re going to add vegetables and herbs, chop them up as coarsely or as finely as you want them to be.
• Mix, mix and you’re all set and ready to go!
Always remember, if you’re making your own guacamole recipe, then stick to your own choices. There is simply no point in creating a smooth guacamole dip if you want it to be chunky.
The best thing I like about guacamole is that they’re so easy to make! You will certainly have no trouble whipping up several batches for you to experiment with. So, why not go ahead and try one now?