Yeast is certainly just as good as baker’s yeast. Its smell and consistency can be quite revolting at first, but as it is taken in the form of capsule, powder or tablets, you can be assured that its smell won’t affect you. Yeast consists of minute fungi called “gentiles”. There are two different versions of yeast. One is Brewer’s yeast and the other one is Baker’s yeast. Brewer’s yeast is used in the brewing industry and is much cheaper compared to Baker’s yeast which is used for breads. Brewer’s yeast is effective but is less powerful compared to Baker’s yeast. In this article, we will only discuss about Brewer’s yeast.
Yeast is composed distinctively which makes it a perfect food. It is packed with the most active and effective nutrients such as protein, amino acids and lecithin which are very much needed by the body. Yeast is also a potent antioxidant and contains glutathione, 14 minerals and trace elements, 17 vitamins including Vitamins B and D.
The benefits one can get from yeast can be plentiful and even though there has been no research done yet to completely confirm this, we present to you the numerous benefits of yeast.
- It aids in digestion
- It helps restores the intestinal tract therefore helping counteract constipation and diarrhea.
- It fights fatigue and burnout.
- It helps eradicate toxins from the body.
- It counteracts loss of appetite
- It fights infections by strengthening the immune system
- It is rich in chromium and is therefore good in treating diabetes
- It is good for the skin
- It makes hair and nails beautiful.
- It helps pregnant women fight against nausea and vomiting
- It works well as a supplement for people with protein deficiency.
- It fights side effects of antibiotics such as diarrhea.
There have been many warnings against inactive yeast’s usefulness. Many say that it worsens inflammatory bowel disease. Also it causes itching and headaches to people with hypersensitivity to biogenic amines.
Yeast must be taken every day at every meal. Mix yeast powder with your food or take it as a pill. Everybody can take yeast: children, adolescents, athletes, adults and even the elderly.
So, you can easily see that yeast is good and marvelous for everything. And it is good to remember that drinking beer will not entitle you to the benefits of yeast. In fact, it is more likely to cause more harm than any good to your body.